|Mint Marshmallow Cookie Candies are sure to be a hit with your guests!|
I am warning you right now that when you try this recipe, it will probably end up being one of your favorite candy recipes ever. Yes, it's that good. How can it not be when it's got marshmallows and mint sandwich cookies all blended together with melted chocolate chips! To me it's the perfect mint candy, not too strong, but definitely minty. It's also unbelievably easy to make and it stores well, which makes it that much better.
This is now my candy choice when I put together my Christmas cookie trays. In fact, if you ask my daughter and my brother, it's a requirement for my holiday baking list, and my brother usually gets a batch when his birthday rolls around.
The recipe makes about 44 large pieces of candy, but it can easily be doubled for those of you who have large events to attend, or assemble lots of cookie trays to give out at the holidays.
It is a little messy to make, but the melt in your mouth results are well worth the clean up. If you are a visual learner like me, just follow the photos for the assembly. The recipe and instructions can be found after the photos.
|Mini marshmallows, mint sandwich cookies, chocolate chips, mint extract, and a little bit of vegetable oil |
are the ingredients needed to make this candy.
|Roughly chopped mint sandwich cookies.|
|All of the ingredients in a double boiler ready to be melted.|
|Over medium heat, stir the ingredients constantly as they begin to melt.|
|Continue stirring until the chocolate chips just melt. Then remove from heat and stir until the chocolate is melted.|
|Using a tablespoon, drop candies onto a parchment paper lined baking tray. Cool completely.|
Mint Marshmallow Cookie Candy Recipe
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups roughly chopped mint sandwich cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
- Line several baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a double boiler, place all of the ingredients in the top, over water that has been brought to a very low boil and turned down to low heat. If you don't have a double boiler, or don't have one that is large enough, just use a metal bowl over a pot of water. Be careful, the bowl gets really hot! Note: Make sure that no water gets in the mixture or it may seize up.
- Stir the ingredients until the chocolate chips begin to melt. Remove from heat and keep stirring until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Using a tablespoon, and working quickly so the mixture doesn't begin to harden, drop the mixture onto the parchment lined baking trays, forming pieces of candy.
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour to harden. Then store the candies in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
These candies have it all, a smooth chocolate texture, the crunch of cookie bits, the softness from the marshmallows and the freshness of the mint flavor. There won't be many left when you set these out on your holiday dessert table. Of course, they are good at any time of the year, not just the holidays.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
|Mint Marshmallow Cookie Candies are one of my favorite treats.|