When I started getting the ingredients together for this recipe, my daughter came into the kitchen and said that this candy looked like it was going to be the best thing I ever made.
Wow, high praise from an 11 year old! She and I both agree that chocolate and peanut butter together is just about the best tasting combination there is. And if you enjoy this flavor combo as much as we do, then she was pretty much right on the mark with her comments.
These candies are out of this world delicious, and they are pretty easy to make. Be warned though, that the process does get a bit messy, but the result it worth it. They are delightful mix of semisweet chocolate, salty peanut butter and crisp, buttery crackers. Pure goodness that makes it hard to just eat one.
I've taken pictures of everything you need to know so you can make these treats for yourself. You'll find the recipe after the step by step photo instructions.
|4 ingredients, that is all you need to make this candy.|
Step 1: Melt the chocolate
|Add the shortening to the chocolate and melt in the microwave.|
Melted chocolate ready for dipping
|Mmmmm.....melted chocolate ready for dipping the candies in.|
Step 2: Smear peanut butter onto crackers
|Crackers and peanut butter ready to be dipped in chocolate.|
Step 3: Dip crackers in chocolate
Step 4: Set dipped candies on parchment paper
|Dip the prepared crackers into the melted chocolate.|
|Dipped candies cooling on a baking tray.|
Dipped candy ready to cool in the refrigerator
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Cracker Candy ready to cool in the refrigerator.|
Ready to eat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cracker Candy Recipe
(Makes about 30 candies)
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers
- Melt chocolate and shortening in the microwave. Microwave in short time spurts so you don't burn the chocolate. Stir frequently and remove from microwave when chips begin melting. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Smear about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter onto a cracker. Set aside on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Using a dipping fork, or a regular fork, dip the peanut butter cracker into the chocolate. You'll need a spoon to coat the top. Using the fork, remove the candy from the chocolate and gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Wipe the bottom of the fork on the side of the bowl to remove more excess chocolate. Then place the dipped candy on the parchment paper lined baking tray. Repeat until finished.
- Refrigerate trays for about 15 minutes, or until hard, and transfer candies to an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator. Of course, they probably won't last that long because they are just that good.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, HERE
is another delicious recipe. Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Dip!
Labels: Candy, Chocolate, Dessert Recipes, Peanut Butter, Recipes